Presented by the Royal New Zealand Ballet
With Tchaikovsky’s sweeping score – lush, romantic, instantly recognisable – and Kristian Fredrikson’s opulent designs, gorgeously lit by Jon Buswell, Swan Lake transports the audience from the palace ballroom to the lakeside in wave upon wave of beauty and emotion. You’ll be inexorably drawn into the unfolding tragedy and exalt as the dancers bring every facet of their iconic characters to life.
Celebrating the dramatic and technical brilliance of a new generation of RNZB dancers, this production, honouring and cherishing the artistic legacy of former Artistic Director and RNZB kaumatua Russell Kerr will celebrate the company’s rich past and bright future.
We are thrilled to be able to present this beautiful production, not seen in Aotearoa since 2013, with the support of colleagues from the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra (Wellington), the Christchurch Symphony Orchestra (Christchurch) and the Auckland Philharmonia Orchestra (Auckland).
Warm Up, Curtain Up! 6.20pm – 6.50pm
Watch from the auditorium as the RNZB dancers warm up on stage in preparation for their evening performance. Led by one of our Artistic Staff, Warm Up, Curtain Up! provides a fantastic opportunity to appreciate the craft and athleticism of ballet separate costume and storytelling elements added during the performance.
Free admission– no show ticket or registration required.
Arrive in the venue foyer 10 minutes prior to the event’s start time.
Latecomers may not be admitted.
THURSDAY 30 MAY 2024, 7.30PM
ADULT: $110 + booking fees
CHILD (17 & under): $50 + booking fees
SENIOR/STUDENT: $99 + booking fees
PREMIUM GROUP BOOKINGS
ADULT (group of 6+): $99 + booking fees
CHILD (group of 6+): $45 + booking fees
ADULT (group of 20+): $93.50 + booking fees
CHILD (group of 20+): $42.50 + booking fees
ADULT: $95 + booking fees
CHILD (17 & under): $45 + booking fees
SENIOR/STUDENT: $85.50 + booking fees
A RESERVE GROUP BOOKINGS
ADULT (group of 6+): $85.50 + booking fees
CHILD (group of 6+): $40.50 + booking fees
ADULT (group of 20+): $80.70 + booking fees
CHILD (group of 20+): $38.25 + booking fees
ADULT: $85 + booking fees
CHILD (17 & under): $40 + booking fees
SENIOR/STUDENT: $76.50 + booking fees
B RESERVE GROUP BOOKINGS
ADULT (group of 6+): $76.50 + booking fees
CHILD (group of 6+): $36.00 + booking fees
ADULT (group of 20+): $72.25 + booking fees
CHILD (group of 20+): $34.00 + booking fees
ADULT: $65 + booking fees
CHILD (17 & under): $35 + booking fees
SENIOR/STUDENT: $58.50 + booking fees
C RESERVE GROUP BOOKINGS
ADULT (group of 6+): $58.50 + booking fees
CHILD (group of 6+): $31.50 + booking fees
ADULT (group of 20+): $55.25 + booking fees
CHILD (group of 20+): $29.75 + booking fees
OUR TERMS & CONDITIONS
Refer our Terms & Conditions
Taxis can drop off and pick up patrons from outside these doors and we can order a taxi for you after the show. There are accessible toilets on the lower level and a roomy lift provides access both to these facilities and to the Stalls seating.
Seats in the Circle are accessed via several flights of stairs so we recommend patrons with mobility difficulties book seats in the Stalls.
We have seven dedicated wheelchair spaces.
We also have opera glasses available for hire for $5 at the Box Office – just ask when you come in. We encourage our patrons to discuss their needs with us so we can ensure they enjoy the show.
- Please turn off all your electronic devices before you come into the auditorium.
- If you have taken snacks from our bar back to your seat, try not to rustle when the house lights go down.
- If you are late to a show, get comfortable in our bar area until we can turn the house lights back on so you can find your seat.
- Camera flashes occasionally make performers stumble – over their lines or their feet – so we prefer that you don’t use flash (or any other) photography.
- Please keep your feet on the floor – someone counting the beat on the back of your seat can be distracting.
- Dancing in the aisles sounds like fun but it might make our Circle collapse. If you really need to dance (and it’s the right sort of show), please book seats in the Stalls or make your way out to the foyer.
- We encourage you to introduce your children to the arts, but please also teach them to watch and listen quietly and peacefully.
17 The Octagon, Dunedin 9016
Otago, New Zealand
PO Box 5036, Dunedin, 9058