IMPACT ON REGENT THEATRE & CLARKSON STUDIO EVENTS
The health and wellbeing of our team and everyone who visits our venue is our priority. The Regent Theatre continues to follow Ministry of Health guidelines for gatherings and public events, whilst being mindful of potential escalation and the impact of reduced notice periods on all stakeholders.
With our box office open, we ask people follow Ministry of Health advice and stay home if they are feeling unwell, practice good coughing and sneezing hygiene, wear a mask and frequently wash or sanitise your hands. It is now mandatory to wear a mask and record everyone 12 years and older that visits the theatre. We have systems in place to assist you to record your details, both manually and by scanning our QR code if you have the NZ COVID Tracer app on your mobile device.
Guideline to Attending Shows
- Due to our current covid alert levels, in order for the theatre to continue to operate, our audience numbers have been restricted to support you to be able to take seats suitably spaced from other patrons. With general admission tickets, we expect you to adhere to the regulations around appropriate distancing and support our staff by finding an appropriate seat within the theatre, ensuring there is a one metre distance between yourself or your group and the next. Staff will be available to provide support and information.
- If you feel unwell it is not advisable to attend a public event. Please stay home or if you have been asked to isolate.
- We strongly encourage you to wear a face covering.
- Scan in using the NZ COVID Tracer App.
- Please do not arrive late. Allow time for scanning in, purchasing tickets or food and beverages and finding your seats.
- Everyone attending events need to keep a safe distance from people they do not know, please try to remain one metre away from each other.
- Avoid congregating or gathering at entrances or in shared spaces such as the bathroom.
- If you need to pay for your food or drinks, use contactless payment options if possible.
- Follow the venue’s safety measures and stay in your allocated or general admission seat. Most of all though, please enjoy the event and the experience of being able to view from within our beautiful auditorium.
Cancelled or Postponed Events
Given the ever-changing nature of our current environment, the following performances and productions have been cancelled or rescheduled:
|RNZB – The Firebird with Paquita||21 August||Cancelled|
|Troy Kingi with Delaney Davidson||22 August||Rescheduled & Venue Change – 26 November Glenroy Auditorium. Unless you are unable to attend the new date, ticket holders will be emailed a new ticket for the concert at the Glenroy Auditorium from Ticketmaster.|
|Paradise, or the Impermanence of Icecream||27 August||Cancelled|
|Glow Show||15 September||Rescheduled 28 November 2021 – tickets purchased for original date valid for new date|
|NZSO – Four Seasons||7 November||Cancelled|
|RNZB – A Midsummer Night’s Dream||27 November||Cancelled|
|World of Musicals||15 October||Rescheduled to 3 July 2022 – tickets purchased for original date valid for new date|
We continue to monitor the situation and are mindful of evolving guidelines on both business and personal practice. We will endeavour to provide as much notice as possible regarding any further cancellations or postponements and appreciate our community’s understanding and support during this challenging time.
Cancelled Events – REFUNDS
If you have purchased your tickets ONLINE you will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- The name you used to purchase your ticket
- Customer ID/Sale ID (if known)
- The event details (name, date, venue)
- If booked online, the refund will automatically be processed to the card you initially used to book your tickets
Customers who purchased their tickets directly with the REGENT THEATRE BOX OFFICE, should visit us to obtain their refund. You will need to provide an Eftpos or Credit Card for the refund to be processed; no cash refunds will be given.
If you wish to support the arts sector during this difficult time, you can choose to donate the value of your ticket(s) and not request a refund. In which case, the ticket price will go to the affected parties of your choosing and continue to support the arts.
Non-Regent Related Events
For all other non-Regent related events, please contact the relevant ticket provider.
Regent 24 Hour Book Sale – December 2021
Supporters who wish to donate items for our annual sale on 3 & 4 December at the More FM Arena at the Edgar Centre, are asked to hold on to these for the time being until we are at Level 2 when we can resume collections and sorting. At Level 2, our Box Office will be open so donations can also be left in our foyer with our Box Office team.
We are hugely grateful for the support of the Dunedin community for our fundraising activities. Like you, we look forward to returning to normal as soon as possible, but in the meantime, we must focus on keeping our staff, volunteers, patrons and supporters safe and healthy.
17 The Octagon, Dunedin
Otago, New Zealand
PO Box 5036, Dunedin, 9058
Mon-Fri 9am - 5.30pm
Sat 10.30am - 1pm
Box office is also open one hour before shows