RESCHEDULED DATE – SATURDAY 30 OCTOBER 2021
56,000+ children, educators and whanau have seen it… and now the ALL NEW 2021 WONDERLAND GLOW SHOW is coming to you!
The GLOW SHOW team is back with WONDERLAND GLOW SHOW, a ‘kiwified’ interpretation of the classic ‘Alice in Wonderland’ tale for tamariki, educators and whanau! Let your imagination soar as you are transported by the magic of giant scale glow-in-the-dark puppetry.
The mega edu-taining WONDERLAND GLOW SHOW promotes literacy and Te Reo Mãori, celebrates the exquisite art of ultraviolet puppetry, and demonstrates “Being your most creative self! Hei tino auaha koe!”
WONDERLAND GLOW SHOW is an upbeat, captivating show that dives headlong into a weird and won-derful world of dancing flamingos, shuffling cards, an 8 metre caterpillar, and giant flowers. But, it’s not all rosy… there’s a March hare on the loose!
2 shows at each venue created specifically for your age group:
- 10am session for 0-5 year olds (suits ECEs and Year 1):
Puppetry-music-dance-movement! Meet puppets! 40 minutes!
- 11.30am session for 6-12 year olds (suits Years 2-8):
Puppetry-story-music! Meet actors with patai (Q and A!) 55 minutes!
We are thrilled to present WONDERLAND GLOW SHOW in The Regent Theatre on Saturday the 30th of October 2021. Book your tickets now!
10.00am (0-5 years) $13.50 + plus fees
11.30am (6-12 years) $15.50 + plus fees
We pride ourselves on being one of the most accessible venues in the city. We have flat access through our main doors and staff are more than happy to help with the doors if needed. Taxis can drop off and pick up patrons from outside these doors and we can order a taxi for you after the show.
There are accessible toilets on the lower level and a roomy lift provides access both to these facilities and to the Stalls seating. Seats in the Circle are accessed via several flights of stairs so we recommend patrons with mobility difficulties book seats in the Stalls.
We have seven dedicated wheelchair spaces and our events are available via an augmented hearing assistance system.
We also have opera glasses available for hire for $5 at the Box Office – just ask when you come in.
We encourage our patrons to discuss their needs with us so we can ensure they enjoy the show.
Our bars have a selection of New Zealand wines and beers as well as juices, water, light snacks and ice creams. The bars will be closed five minutes before the show’s published start time.
People come to the Regent Theatre to have a great night out. So everyone has a good time, we ask all our patrons to be courteous to those around them.
- Please turn off all your electronic devices before you come into the auditorium.
- If you have taken snacks from our bar back to your seat, try not to rustle when the house lights go down.
- If you are late to a show, get comfortable in our bar area until we can turn the house lights back on so you can find your seat.
- Camera flashes occasionally make performers stumble – over their lines or their feet – so we prefer that you don’t use flash (or any other) photography.
- Please keep your feet on the floor – someone counting the beat on the back of your seat can be distracting.
- Dancing in the aisles sounds like fun but it might make our Circle collapse. If you really need to dance (and it’s the right sort of show), please book seats in the Stalls or make your way out to the foyer.
- We encourage you to introduce your children to the arts, but please also teach them to watch and listen quietly and peacefully.
17 The Octagon, Dunedin
Otago, New Zealand
PO Box 5036, Dunedin, 9058
Mon-Fri 9am - 5.30pm
Sat 10.30am - 1pm
Box office is also open one hour before shows