Unfortunately, due to Covid restrictions and border closures, Rokitz Entertainment has been left with no option but to postpone World of Musicals to the new date of Sunday 3 July 2022. As before, any tickets will be transferred over to this new date.
Please contact the theatre box office with any queries.
The Producers, cast and crew would like to send our sincere apologies for having to again postpone the New Zealand tour of The World of Musicals, which was due to be held at the Regent Theatre 19 June 2020 and was rescheduled for 27 March 2021 due to the ongoing global situation regarding Covid-19 and the associated travel restrictions, the tour including the performance here at the Regent Theatre has been postponed. Any tickets will be transferred over to the new date of 15 October 2021. We do hope to see you all later in the year.
ABOUT THE WORLD OF MUSICALS
The Musical Gala with an International cast brings London’s West End and New York’s Broadway to New Zealand for the first time.
The World of Musicals brings the very best of Musical theatre to life. This incredible production is a wonderful revue of all your favorite musical theatre hits which include such classics as, The Lion King, Fiddler on the roof, Mamma Mia, We Will Rock You, The Mikado, The Pirates of Penzance, HMS Pinafore, The Phantom of the Opera, West Side Story, Cats, Evita, Wicked, The Rocky Horror Picture show, Jesus Christ Superstar, The Greatest Showman, Jersey Boys, Oklahoma, South Pacific , Miss Saigon, The Boy from OZ, Hairspray, Les Misérables, The Blues Brothers.
The World of Musicals ….colourful, inspiring and memorable musical classics, all performed by an International star-studded cast, presenting the audience with nightly entertainment at the highest
level. Whether a soloist – duet or the entire ensemble, the performers of this musical event will inspire in this Musical Whirlwind. Direct from their USA tour, this select cast of Highly Talented and Accomplished Performers have featured in worldwide smash hits such as Jesus Christ Superstar, Hairspray, West side Story, Titanic, Les Miserables, Wizard of OZ, Musical Star Nights, Mary Poppins, Me and my girl, Evita, the king of Narnia, Rent, Avenue “Q”.
“ALL THE HIT’S IN ONE SHOW ” that is the motto of this musical gala, full of highlights – the emotional and varied journey into the World of Musicals will delight the audience.
The World of the Musicals is a show for the entire family, so get ready to be enthralled and sing along to all your favorite and much-loved Musicals in one unforgettable evening – simply not to be missed.
Adults from $89.90, Child, Senior & Family prices
There are accessible toilets on the lower level and a roomy lift provides access both to these facilities and to the Stalls seating. Seats in the Circle are accessed via several flights of stairs so we recommend patrons with mobility difficulties book seats in the Stalls.
We have seven dedicated wheelchair spaces and our events are available via an augmented hearing assistance system.
We also have opera glasses available for hire for $5 at the Box Office – just ask when you come in.
We encourage our patrons to discuss their needs with us so we can ensure they enjoy the show.
- Please turn off all your electronic devices before you come into the auditorium.
- If you have taken snacks from our bar back to your seat, try not to rustle when the house lights go down.
- If you are late to a show, get comfortable in our bar area until we can turn the house lights back on so you can find your seat.
- Camera flashes occasionally make performers stumble – over their lines or their feet – so we prefer that you don’t use flash (or any other) photography.
- Please keep your feet on the floor – someone counting the beat on the back of your seat can be distracting.
- Dancing in the aisles sounds like fun but it might make our Circle collapse. If you really need to dance (and it’s the right sort of show), please book seats in the Stalls or make your way out to the foyer.
- We encourage you to introduce your children to the arts, but please also teach them to watch and listen quietly and peacefully.
17 The Octagon, Dunedin
Otago, New Zealand
PO Box 5036, Dunedin, 9058
Mon-Fri 9am - 5.30pm
Sat 10.30am - 1pm
Box office is also open one hour before shows