The Musical Gala with an International cast brings London’s West End and New York’s Broadway to New Zealand for the first time.
The World of Musicals brings the very best of Musical theatre to life.
This incredible production is a wonderful revue of all your favourite musical theatre hits which include such classics as, The Lion King, Fiddler on the roof, Mamma Mia, We Will Rock You, The Mikado, The Pirates of Penzance, HMS Pinafore, The Phantom of the Opera, West Side Story, Cats, Evita, Wicked, The Rocky Horror Picture show, Jesus Christ Superstar, The Greatest Showman, Jersey Boys, Oklahoma, South Pacific , Miss Saigon, The Boy from OZ, Hairspray, Les Misérables, The Blues Brothers.
The World of Musicals …., colorful, inspiring and memorable musical classics, all performed by an International star-studded cast, presenting the audience with nightly entertainment at the highest level. Whether a soloist – duet or the entire ensemble, the performers of this musical event will inspire in this Musical Whirlwind. Direct from their USA tour, this select cast of Highly Talented and Accomplished Performers have featured in worldwide smash hits such as Jesus Christ Superstar, Hairspray, West side Story, Titanic, Les Miserables, Wizard of OZ, Musical Star Nights, Mary Poppins, Me and my girl, Evita, the king of Narnia, Rent, Avenue “Q”.
“ALL THE HIT’S IN ONE SHOW ” that is the motto of this musical gala, full of highlights – the emotional and varied journey into the World of Musicals will delight the audience.
The World of the Musicals is a show for the entire family, so get ready to be enthralled and sing along to all your favorite and much-loved Musicals in one unforgettable evening.
The World of Musicals simply not to be missed. Book Now………………
“The cast is Supremely talented and an absolute joy to watch” Broadway World
“Emotional Ballads, stunning solos and rousing ensemble performances“ Main Echo
“If you have a chance to see this show, you 100% need to” Broadway World
Adults from $89.90, Child, Senior & Family prices
We pride ourselves on being one of the most accessible venues in the city. We have flat access through our main doors and staff are more than happy to help with the doors if needed. Taxis can drop off and pick up patrons from outside these doors and we can order a taxi for you after the show.
There are accessible toilets on the lower level and a roomy lift provides access both to these facilities and to the Stalls seating. Seats in the Circle are accessed via several flights of stairs so we recommend patrons with mobility difficulties book seats in the Stalls.
We have seven dedicated wheelchair spaces and our events are available via an augmented hearing assistance system.
We also have opera glasses available for hire for $5 at the Box Office – just ask when you come in.
We encourage our patrons to discuss their needs with us so we can ensure they enjoy the show.
Our bars have a selection of New Zealand wines and beers as well as juices, water, light snacks and ice creams. The bars will be closed five minutes before the show’s published start time.
People come to the Regent Theatre to have a great night out. So everyone has a good time, we ask all our patrons to be courteous to those around them.
- Please turn off all your electronic devices before you come into the auditorium.
- If you have taken snacks from our bar back to your seat, try not to rustle when the house lights go down.
- If you are late to a show, get comfortable in our bar area until we can turn the house lights back on so you can find your seat.
- Camera flashes occasionally make performers stumble – over their lines or their feet – so we prefer that you don’t use flash (or any other) photography.
- Please keep your feet on the floor – someone counting the beat on the back of your seat can be distracting.
- Dancing in the aisles sounds like fun but it might make our Circle collapse. If you really need to dance (and it’s the right sort of show), please book seats in the Stalls or make your way out to the foyer.
- We encourage you to introduce your children to the arts, but please also teach them to watch and listen quietly and peacefully.
17 The Octagon, Dunedin
PO Box 5036, Dunedin, 9058
Mon-Fri 9am - 5.30pm
Sat 10.30am - 1pm
Box office is also open one hour before shows