ROYAL NEW ZEALAND BALLET ANNOUNCES CHANGE TO NATIONAL TOUR OF THE FIREBIRD WITH PAQUITA
Due to the community cases of Covid-19 in Tāmaki Makaurau and the nationwide Alert Level 4 lockdown, the Royal New Zealand Ballet (RNZB) has regretfully announced the cancellation of The Firebird with Paquita this Saturday 21 August at the Regent Theatre, Dunedin.
Artistic Director Patricia Barker says, “We are very disappointed to not make it down to Dunedin for this performance, which was so wonderfully received in Wellington, Napier and Auckland, and with rave reviews. We are grateful, though, to have had the chance to bring ballet lovers in those cities New Zealand choreographer Loughlan Prior’s courageous new, reimagined production of The Firebird. It truly soared.”
The RNZB will shortly be announcing digital seasons of The Firebird, Live in Your Living Room which will give audiences who have missed out the chance to experience these sensational performances.
Dunedin ticket holders will be contacted directly regarding their refund and exchange options.
Please refer to the RNZB’s Covid-19 ticketing policy for further information regarding exchanges, refunds and holding ticket credit on accounts for future performances.
Choreography: Loughlan Prior
Music: Igor Stravinsky
Design: Tracy Grant Lord
Lighting Design: Jon Buswell
Animation/visuals POW Studios
Choreography: Marius Petipa
Staging: Patricia Barker and Michael Auer
Music: Ludwig Minkus and Edouard Deldevez
Design: Patricia Barker
Lighting Design: Jon Buswell
Adult $40.00 to $75.00 + booking fees
Concession $36.00 to $67.50 + booking fees
Child $25.00 to $45.00 + booking fees
Adult6+ $36.00 to $67.50 + booking fees
Child6+ $22.50 to $40.50 + booking fees
group 20+ ADULT $34.00 to $63.75 + booking fees
group 20+ CHILD $21.25 to $38.25 + booking fees
We pride ourselves on being one of the most accessible venues in the city. We have flat access through our main doors and staff are more than happy to help with the doors if needed. Taxis can drop off and pick up patrons from outside these doors and we can order a taxi for you after the show.
There are accessible toilets on the lower level and a roomy lift provides access both to these facilities and to the Stalls seating. Seats in the Circle are accessed via several flights of stairs so we recommend patrons with mobility difficulties book seats in the Stalls.
We have seven dedicated wheelchair spaces and our events are available via an augmented hearing assistance system.
We also have opera glasses available for hire for $5 at the Box Office – just ask when you come in.
We encourage our patrons to discuss their needs with us so we can ensure they enjoy the show.
Our bars have a selection of New Zealand wines and beers as well as juices, water, light snacks and ice creams. The bars will be closed five minutes before the show’s published start time.
People come to the Regent Theatre to have a great night out. So everyone has a good time, we ask all our patrons to be courteous to those around them.
- Please turn off all your electronic devices before you come into the auditorium.
- If you have taken snacks from our bar back to your seat, try not to rustle when the house lights go down.
- If you are late to a show, get comfortable in our bar area until we can turn the house lights back on so you can find your seat.
- Camera flashes occasionally make performers stumble – over their lines or their feet – so we prefer that you don’t use flash (or any other) photography.
- Please keep your feet on the floor – someone counting the beat on the back of your seat can be distracting.
- Dancing in the aisles sounds like fun but it might make our Circle collapse. If you really need to dance (and it’s the right sort of show), please book seats in the Stalls or make your way out to the foyer.
- We encourage you to introduce your children to the arts, but please also teach them to watch and listen quietly and peacefully.
17 The Octagon, Dunedin
Otago, New Zealand
PO Box 5036, Dunedin, 9058
Mon-Fri 9am - 5.30pm
Sat 10.30am - 1pm
Box office is also open one hour before shows