A night to celebrate our creative tamariki, Showquest is a nationwide performing arts competition and a platform for youth voices to be heard. Students will present original 10-minute performances combining art, music, culture, dance, drama and technology. Young designers, fashionistas and creatives will follow the performances with a show-stopping Wearable Art showcase supported by WOW™.
Watch friendly inter-school rivalries heat up and engage with and learn from our tamariki as they explore the issues that are important to them. Join friends and whānau in supporting emerging local talent on the big stage!
Showquest is proudly presented by Rockquest Promotions Ltd, champions for young creators and producers of Smokefree Rockquest, Tangata Beats and Bandquest.
Price & Dates
Student $14 (Secondary)
Group $75 (min 2 children)
There are accessible toilets on the lower level and a roomy lift provides access both to these facilities and to the Stalls seating. Seats in the Circle are accessed via several flights of stairs so we recommend patrons with mobility difficulties book seats in the Stalls.
We have seven dedicated wheelchair spaces and our events are available via an augmented hearing assistance system.
We also have opera glasses available for hire for $5 at the Box Office – just ask when you come in.
We encourage our patrons to discuss their needs with us so we can ensure they enjoy the show.
- Please turn off all your electronic devices before you come into the auditorium.
- If you have taken snacks from our bar back to your seat, try not to rustle when the house lights go down.
- If you are late to a show, get comfortable in our bar area until we can turn the house lights back on so you can find your seat.
- Camera flashes occasionally make performers stumble – over their lines or their feet – so we prefer that you don’t use flash (or any other) photography.
- Please keep your feet on the floor – someone counting the beat on the back of your seat can be distracting.
- Dancing in the aisles sounds like fun but it might make our Circle collapse. If you really need to dance (and it’s the right sort of show), please book seats in the Stalls or make your way out to the foyer.
- We encourage you to introduce your children to the arts, but please also teach them to watch and listen quietly and peacefully.
17 The Octagon, Dunedin
PO Box 5036, Dunedin, 9058
Mon-Fri 9am - 5.30pm
Sat 10.30am - 1pm
Box office is also open one hour before shows