** POSTPONED Original date 1 March 2022 – New Date 6 December 2022 **
Having set two Guinness World Records with his previous sell-out World Tour, Professor Brian Cox is back with a brand-new live-on-stage show in 2022.
Horizons takes audiences on a dazzling cinematic journey; a story of how we came to be and what we can become. Using state of the art LED screen technology, arenas will be filled with images of far-away galaxies, alien worlds, supermassive black holes, and a time before the Big Bang. What is the nature of space and time? Why does the Universe exist? How did life begin; how rare might it be, and what is the significance of life in the Cosmos? What does it mean to live a small, finite life in a vast, eternal Universe? The deepest of questions will be explored using the latest advances in our understanding of quantum theory, black holes, biology, planetary science, astronomy and cosmology.
Horizons is a celebration of our civilisation, of our music, art, philosophy, and science; an optimistic vision of our future if we continue to explore nature with humility and to value ourselves and our fellow human beings.
Brian will once again be joined by co-host of The Infinite Monkey Cage and award-winning comedian Robin Ince.
A Reserve – $195 + Booking Fees
B Reserve – $140 + Booking Fees
C Reserve – $99 + Booking Fees
GUIDELINES FOR ATTENDING SHOWS
Refer our Covid-19 page
OUR TERMS & CONDITIONS
OUR SPECIAL ENTRY CONDITIONS
Refer our Terms & Conditions & Special Entry Condition – Covid-19 page
There are accessible toilets on the lower level and a roomy lift provides access both to these facilities and to the Stalls seating. Seats in the Circle are accessed via several flights of stairs so we recommend patrons with mobility difficulties book seats in the Stalls.
We have seven dedicated wheelchair spaces and our events are available via an augmented hearing assistance system.
We also have opera glasses available for hire for $5 at the Box Office – just ask when you come in.
We encourage our patrons to discuss their needs with us so we can ensure they enjoy the show.
- Please turn off all your electronic devices before you come into the auditorium.
- If you have taken snacks from our bar back to your seat, try not to rustle when the house lights go down.
- If you are late to a show, get comfortable in our bar area until we can turn the house lights back on so you can find your seat.
- Camera flashes occasionally make performers stumble – over their lines or their feet – so we prefer that you don’t use flash (or any other) photography.
- Please keep your feet on the floor – someone counting the beat on the back of your seat can be distracting.
- Dancing in the aisles sounds like fun but it might make our Circle collapse. If you really need to dance (and it’s the right sort of show), please book seats in the Stalls or make your way out to the foyer.
- We encourage you to introduce your children to the arts, but please also teach them to watch and listen quietly and peacefully.
17 The Octagon, Dunedin
Otago, New Zealand
PO Box 5036, Dunedin, 9058
Mon-Fri 9am - 5.30pm
Sat 10.30am - 1pm
Box office is also open one hour before shows