A giant scale puppet show for 2-10 year olds with magical glow-in-the-dark characters from Māori myth and legend. This innovative, cutting edge concept features 40+ glow-in-the-dark puppets under UV lights in a black box theatre environment.
The ALL NEW 2020 SHOW is set around the takutai moana (coastal sea) and Te Moana-nui-a-Kiwa (the Pacific Ocean) during MATARIKI, with the show being a delightful story about our kai moana and the whakataukī “He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.”
Rich in Te Reo Māori, it’s an upbeat show that has the audience buzzing from the onset. This masterful 45-minute show has catchy music that engages the audience immediately, followed by a Q&A session afterwards for our tamariki. There’s an abundance of educational content to take back to the classroom.
15,000+ children saw this extraordinary show in 2017/18. 25,000+ children saw it in 2019. Don’t miss out… it’s literally legendary!
“Thank you for putting on a great show. It was so great, it nearly blew my shoes off!” – Josh (PAPAKURA CENTRAL SCHOOL 2019)
GROUP DEAL: Buy 50 or more tickets, get 2 more for free!
Counter or phone sales only – booking fee will apply.
- Please turn off all your electronic devices before you come into the auditorium.
- If you have taken snacks from our bar back to your seat, try not to rustle when the house lights go down.
- If you are late to a show, get comfortable in our bar area until we can turn the house lights back on so you can find your seat.
- Camera flashes occasionally make performers stumble – over their lines or their feet – so we prefer that you don’t use flash (or any other) photography.
- Please keep your feet on the floor – someone counting the beat on the back of your seat can be distracting.
- Dancing in the aisles sounds like fun but it might make our Circle collapse. If you really need to dance (and it’s the right sort of show), please book seats in the Stalls or make your way out to the foyer.
- We encourage you to introduce your children to the arts, but please also teach them to watch and listen quietly and peacefully.
17 The Octagon, Dunedin
PO Box 5036, Dunedin, 9058
Mon-Fri 9am - 5.30pm
Sat 10.30am - 1pm
Box office is also open one hour before shows