Capital E National Theatre for Children is remounting Seasons, one of its most popular theatre productions from its 22-year repertoire.
Beautifully crafted Seasons transports children through song, music, and puppetry into the four seasons – raumati, ngahuru, hōtoke and kōanga. Journey into nature’s world of living creatures, colours and sounds.
Directed by Jacqueline Coats, our 2021 version will feature Peter Wilson’s story and music by Laughton Pattrick with a new visually stimulating design.
Capital E is honoured to be touring Seasons in memory of Peter Wilson (Writer of Seasons and Founding Director of Capital E National Theatre for Children) and Laughton Pattrick (Composer of Seasons).
PRICE: $9.00 per person – One adult free with every 10 paying students.
DURATION: 45 minutes
AGES: 2 to 8
We pride ourselves on being one of the most accessible venues in the city. We have flat access through our main doors and staff are more than happy to help with the doors if needed. Taxis can drop off and pick up patrons from outside these doors and we can order a taxi for you after the show.
There are accessible toilets on the lower level and a roomy lift provides access both to these facilities and to the Stalls seating. Seats in the Circle are accessed via several flights of stairs so we recommend patrons with mobility difficulties book seats in the Stalls.
We have seven dedicated wheelchair spaces and our events are available via an augmented hearing assistance system.
We also have opera glasses available for hire for $5 at the Box Office – just ask when you come in.
We encourage our patrons to discuss their needs with us so we can ensure they enjoy the show.
People come to the Regent Theatre to have a great night out. So everyone has a good time, we ask all our patrons to be courteous to those around them.
- Please turn off all your electronic devices before you come into the auditorium.
- If you have taken snacks from our bar back to your seat, try not to rustle when the house lights go down.
- If you are late to a show, get comfortable in our bar area until we can turn the house lights back on so you can find your seat.
- Camera flashes occasionally make performers stumble – over their lines or their feet – so we prefer that you don’t use flash (or any other) photography.
- Please keep your feet on the floor – someone counting the beat on the back of your seat can be distracting.
- Dancing in the aisles sounds like fun but it might make our Circle collapse. If you really need to dance (and it’s the right sort of show), please book seats in the Stalls or make your way out to the foyer.
- We encourage you to introduce your children to the arts, but please also teach them to watch and listen quietly and peacefully.
17 The Octagon, Dunedin
Otago, New Zealand
PO Box 5036, Dunedin, 9058
Mon-Fri 9am - 5.30pm
Sat 10.30am - 1pm
Box office is also open one hour before shows