Presented by the New Zealand Alpine Club, the Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour returns to Aotearoa this April to June 2021.
The Banff Mountain Film Festival is held every autumn at the Banff Centre in Alberta, Canada and is the largest, and one of the most prestigious, mountain festivals in the world. The Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour delivers the best films from the film festival to about 550 communities around the globe. This year’s festival will showcase a series of award-winning films that range from explorations of remote landscapes, celebrations of mountain culture and heart stopping, adrenaline-fueled, action sports. These films are sure to captivate and amaze the explorer within.
Together with presenting partners Macpac, Uprising Industries, La Sportiva and Double Vision Brewing, the 45th annual Banff Centre Mountain Film Festival World Tour, hosted by the New Zealand Alpine Club, will be presented to New Zealand audiences around the country from the 28th April. The Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour will deliver the spirit of outdoor adventure to 13 locations in New Zealand, with an exciting 23 screenings scheduled!
The New Zealand Alpine Club have been proud hosts of the Banff Mountain Film Festival since 2001. All the profits from this festival are used by the New Zealand Alpine Club to support recreation and access to Aotearoa’s alpine regions. We are very grateful that we can share films that will inspire our community and in return raise funds to support us in furthering our mission of supporting climbing, access and the outdoors community in New Zealand.
The Club is excited to bring the tour back to New Zealand and bring the community together again at these much-loved events.
Adult $19.50 + service fees
Child $15.00 + service fees
Student (with ID) $15.00 + service fees
NZ Alpine Club Member $15.00 + service fees
We pride ourselves on being one of the most accessible venues in the city. We have flat access through our main doors and staff are more than happy to help with the doors if needed. Taxis can drop off and pick up patrons from outside these doors and we can order a taxi for you after the show.
There are accessible toilets on the lower level and a roomy lift provides access both to these facilities and to the Stalls seating. Seats in the Circle are accessed via several flights of stairs so we recommend patrons with mobility difficulties book seats in the Stalls.
We have seven dedicated wheelchair spaces and our events are available via an augmented hearing assistance system.
We also have opera glasses available for hire for $5 at the Box Office – just ask when you come in.
We encourage our patrons to discuss their needs with us so we can ensure they enjoy the show.
Our bars have a selection of New Zealand wines and beers as well as juices, water, light snacks and ice creams. The bars will be closed five minutes before the show’s published start time.
People come to the Regent Theatre to have a great night out. So everyone has a good time, we ask all our patrons to be courteous to those around them.
- Please turn off all your electronic devices before you come into the auditorium.
- If you have taken snacks from our bar back to your seat, try not to rustle when the house lights go down.
- If you are late to a show, get comfortable in our bar area until we can turn the house lights back on so you can find your seat.
- Camera flashes occasionally make performers stumble – over their lines or their feet – so we prefer that you don’t use flash (or any other) photography.
- Please keep your feet on the floor – someone counting the beat on the back of your seat can be distracting.
- Dancing in the aisles sounds like fun but it might make our Circle collapse. If you really need to dance (and it’s the right sort of show), please book seats in the Stalls or make your way out to the foyer.
- We encourage you to introduce your children to the arts, but please also teach them to watch and listen quietly and peacefully.
17 The Octagon, Dunedin
Otago, New Zealand
PO Box 5036, Dunedin, 9058
Mon-Fri 9am - 5.30pm
Sat 10.30am - 1pm
Box office is also open one hour before shows