Buy Now 7.30pm, 22 September
The Regent Theatre presents The 7 Sopranos, Australia’s most exciting operatic voices, in their New Zealand debut.
Fall in love with The 7 Sopranos as they take you on an inspired journey singing immortal arias and timeless contemporary anthems.
Leave your preconceptions of opera at home and let these seven powerhouse voices enthral you: from Carmen’s dark and sexy Habañera, to the triumphant Toreador Song and the soaring arias and ensembles of Puccini and Verdi. No microphones will be necessary with these classically trained voices – just pure power, talent and vocal artistry. Their lively energy and infectious charm bubbles over into the second half with beautiful renditions of well-known classic songs such as Summertime and La Vie en Rose. Also included is a musical dedication to the voice of New Zealand, Dame Kiri Te Kanawa, celebrating her artistry and astounding legacy.
Spend a night with The 7 Sopranos and let them capture your imagination. Don’t miss this unforgettable night of glorious music.
Our bars have a selection of New Zealand wines and beers as well as juices, water, light snacks and ice creams. The bars will be closed five minutes before the show’s published start time.
We pride ourselves on being one of the most accessible venues in the city. We have flat access through our main doors and staff are more than happy to help with the doors if needed. Taxis can drop off and pick up patrons from outside these doors and we can order a taxi for you after the show.
There are accessible toilets on the lower level and a roomy lift provides access both to these facilities and to the Stalls seating. Seats in the Circle are accessed via several flights of stairs so we recommend patrons with mobility difficulties book seats in the Stalls.
We have seven dedicated wheelchair spaces and our events are available via an augmented hearing assistance system.
We also have opera glasses available for hire for $5 at the Box Office – just ask when you come in.
We encourage our patrons to discuss their needs with us so we can ensure they enjoy the show.
People come to the Regent Theatre to have a great night out. So everyone has a good time, we ask all our patrons to be courteous to those around them.
- Please turn off all your electronic devices before you come into the auditorium.
- If you have taken snacks from our bar back to your seat, try not to rustle when the house lights go down.
- If you are late to a show, get comfortable in our bar area until we can turn the house lights back on so you can find your seat.
- Camera flashes occasionally make performers stumble – over their lines or their feet – so we prefer that you don’t use flash (or any other) photography.
- Please keep your feet on the floor – someone counting the beat on the back of your seat can be distracting.
- Dancing in the aisles sounds like fun but it might make our Circle collapse. If you really need to dance (and it’s the right sort of show), please book seats in the Stalls or make your way out to the foyer.
- We encourage you to introduce your children to the arts, but please also teach them to watch and listen quietly and peacefully.