Buy Now 8pm, 4 May
Take Me Home – The Music & Life of John Denver returns to New Zealand following the astounding success of the 2016 tour of Australia.
Singer Bevan Gardiner, accompanied by international musicians, performs all the John Denver songs with such accuracy and feeling that if you close your eyes, you will be effortlessly transported to the era of John Denver. The show includes exclusive film footage of John Denver through his career, his personal life and his love for the environment.
Australian audiences experienced this show in 2016 and witnessed the rising talent of Bevan Gardiner. Originally Gardiner debuted in Australia when he was the support act for American country singer Charley Pride. People rushed to buy his CD commenting how much he sounded like John Denver. Even Pride was impressed: “Bevan is amazing. He sounds just like John Denver,” the country singer said at the time.
Take Me Home is authorised and by arrangement with John Denver management.
Our bars have a selection of New Zealand wines and beers as well as juices, water, light snacks and ice creams. The bars will be closed five minutes before the show’s published start time.
We pride ourselves on being one of the most accessible venues in the city. We have flat access through our main doors and staff are more than happy to help with the doors if needed. Taxis can drop off and pick up patrons from outside these doors and we can order a taxi for you after the show.
There are accessible toilets on the lower level and a roomy lift provides access both to these facilities and to the Stalls seating. Seats in the Circle are accessed via several flights of stairs so we recommend patrons with mobility difficulties book seats in the Stalls.
We have seven dedicated wheelchair spaces and our events are available via an augmented hearing assistance system.
We also have opera glasses available for hire for $5 at the Box Office – just ask when you come in.
We encourage our patrons to discuss their needs with us so we can ensure they enjoy the show.
People come to the Regent Theatre to have a great night out. So everyone has a good time, we ask all our patrons to be courteous to those around them.
- Please turn off all your electronic devices before you come into the auditorium.
- If you have taken snacks from our bar back to your seat, try not to rustle when the house lights go down.
- If you are late to a show, get comfortable in our bar area until we can turn the house lights back on so you can find your seat.
- Camera flashes occasionally make performers stumble – over their lines or their feet – so we prefer that you don’t use flash (or any other) photography.
- Please keep your feet on the floor – someone counting the beat on the back of your seat can be distracting.
- Dancing in the aisles sounds like fun but it might make our Circle collapse. If you really need to dance (and it’s the right sort of show), please book seats in the Stalls or make your way out to the foyer.
- We encourage you to introduce your children to the arts, but please also teach them to watch and listen quietly and peacefully.