Buy Now 7.00pm, 16 May
Shimmering light and captivating movement fill the universe of Search Engine. Within this luminous, metallic world, three choreographers explore and define their experiences of what it means to seek out and to search within our technologically driven society.
This brand new show is a different kind of dance experience, where the audience is absorbed by fragmented light displays and close enough to the stage to feel the incredible energy of the five performers. These three short works by Lauren Langlois, Rose Philpott and Tupua Tigafua are guaranteed to intrigue, delight and surprise you.
Footnote New Zealand Dance is a national treasure: since 1985 the company has been inspiring and exciting audiences in every corner of our country and overseas.
“These dancers are something else. All five of them are electrifying to watch” Gin Mabey, Theatreview
“Footnote have an exceptional company this year.” Holly Shanahan, Theatreview
Our bars have a selection of New Zealand wines and beers as well as juices, water, light snacks and ice creams. The bars will be closed five minutes before the show’s published start time.
We pride ourselves on being one of the most accessible venues in the city. We have flat access through our main doors and staff are more than happy to help with the doors if needed. Taxis can drop off and pick up patrons from outside these doors and we can order a taxi for you after the show.
There are accessible toilets on the lower level and a roomy lift provides access both to these facilities and to the Stalls seating. Seats in the Circle are accessed via several flights of stairs so we recommend patrons with mobility difficulties book seats in the Stalls.
We have seven dedicated wheelchair spaces and our events are available via an augmented hearing assistance system.
We also have opera glasses available for hire for $5 at the Box Office – just ask when you come in.
We encourage our patrons to discuss their needs with us so we can ensure they enjoy the show.
People come to the Regent Theatre to have a great night out. So everyone has a good time, we ask all our patrons to be courteous to those around them.
- Please turn off all your electronic devices before you come into the auditorium.
- If you have taken snacks from our bar back to your seat, try not to rustle when the house lights go down.
- If you are late to a show, get comfortable in our bar area until we can turn the house lights back on so you can find your seat.
- Camera flashes occasionally make performers stumble – over their lines or their feet – so we prefer that you don’t use flash (or any other) photography.
- Please keep your feet on the floor – someone counting the beat on the back of your seat can be distracting.
- Dancing in the aisles sounds like fun but it might make our Circle collapse. If you really need to dance (and it’s the right sort of show), please book seats in the Stalls or make your way out to the foyer.
- We encourage you to introduce your children to the arts, but please also teach them to watch and listen quietly and peacefully.