Buy Now 7.30pm, 18 May Buy Now 7.30pm, 19 May Buy Now 7.30pm, 20 May Buy Now 4pm, 21 May Buy Now 7.30pm, 23 May Buy Now 7.30pm, 24 May Buy Now 7.30pm, 25 May Buy Now 7.30pm, 26 May Buy Now 2pm, 27 May Buy Now 7.30pm, 27 May
Wind’s in the east …
There’s a mist coming in …
Like something is brewin’ …
And ‘bout to begin …
The supercalifragilistic international hit is coming to Dunedin!
Get ready Dunedin, as Mary is set to fly into the Regent Theatre!
Be enthralled, captivated and enchanted with this brand-new production of Disney & Cameron Mackintosh’s global sensation, Mary Poppins!
Spanning generations, this production is sure to sell out as we bring the irresistible story, breathtaking dance numbers and spellbinding magic of Mary Poppins to life. Add to that all the songs we’ve come to love including Practically Perfect, Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, A Spoonful of Sugar, Feed the Birds, Jolly Holiday, Step in Time and much more and the stage is set for a truly uplifting experience for the whole family!
Join Mary Poppins, Jane, Michael, Mr and Mrs Banks and the many other beloved and colourful characters as the Regent Theatre is transformed into ‘Cherry Tree Lane’ in what is being hailed as the must-see theatrical event of 2017.
Produced and directed by the same team that brought us the sell-out seasons of Mamma Mia, Les Miserables and Grease: The Arena Spectacular Live!, you do not want to miss the magical sensation that is Mary Poppins!
Mary Poppins – a roof-raising, toe-tapping, high flying extravaganza – don’t miss it!
Our bars have a selection of New Zealand wines and beers as well as juices, water, light snacks and ice creams. The bars will be closed five minutes before the show’s published start time.
We pride ourselves on being one of the most accessible venues in the city. We have flat access through our main doors and staff are more than happy to help with the doors if needed. Taxis can drop off and pick up patrons from outside these doors and we can order a taxi for you after the show.
There are accessible toilets on the lower level and a roomy lift provides access both to these facilities and to the Stalls seating. Seats in the Circle are accessed via several flights of stairs so we recommend patrons with mobility difficulties book seats in the Stalls.
We have seven dedicated wheelchair spaces and our events are available via an augmented hearing assistance system.
We also have opera glasses available for hire for $5 at the Box Office – just ask when you come in.
We encourage our patrons to discuss their needs with us so we can ensure they enjoy the show.
People come to the Regent Theatre to have a great night out. So everyone has a good time, we ask all our patrons to be courteous to those around them.
- Please turn off all your electronic devices before you come into the auditorium.
- If you have taken snacks from our bar back to your seat, try not to rustle when the house lights go down.
- If you are late to a show, get comfortable in our bar area until we can turn the house lights back on so you can find your seat.
- Camera flashes occasionally make performers stumble – over their lines or their feet – so we prefer that you don’t use flash (or any other) photography.
- Please keep your feet on the floor – someone counting the beat on the back of your seat can be distracting.
- Dancing in the aisles sounds like fun but it might make our Circle collapse. If you really need to dance (and it’s the right sort of show), please book seats in the Stalls or make your way out to the foyer.
- We encourage you to introduce your children to the arts, but please also teach them to watch and listen quietly and peacefully.