Buy Now 7.30pm, 30 November
Adults from $50.00
Presented by Royal New Zealand Ballet
Faint starlight peeps through the dark forest canopy. It is midnight: the witching hour.
Alone and lost, two hungry children stumble towards a glowing vision of warmth and comfort, heaven for any child with an empty belly and an aching heart. But all is not as it seems…
For Christmas 2019, the Royal New Zealand Ballet is proud to present a new two-act ballet of Hansel & Gretel, with choreography by Loughlan Prior and a specially commissioned score by Claire Cowan. This major premiere brings together many of New Zealand’s creative talents to tell a timeless tale for audiences young and old.
Reserved seating event.
Warm up, Curtain up – 6.20pm, gold coin donation.
Existing subscribers are able to book from 2 October 2018 onwards through the Regent Theatre box office.
New subscribers may book from 15 October 2018 onwards – Regent box office only.
Public sales commence 1 November 2018.
Door sales based on availability from 6.30pm on the day of the performance.
Lockout – Latecomers will be seated after lockout. Some ballets are not recommended as suitable for children. Please ensure you are aware of any age restrictions. No ballet is recommended as suitable for children under 5 years of age. Children disrupting a performance will be asked to leave the auditorium.
Our bars have a selection of New Zealand wines and beers as well as juices, water, light snacks and ice creams. The bars will be closed five minutes before the show’s published start time.
We pride ourselves on being one of the most accessible venues in the city. We have flat access through our main doors and staff are more than happy to help with the doors if needed. Taxis can drop off and pick up patrons from outside these doors and we can order a taxi for you after the show.
There are accessible toilets on the lower level and a roomy lift provides access both to these facilities and to the Stalls seating. Seats in the Circle are accessed via several flights of stairs so we recommend patrons with mobility difficulties book seats in the Stalls.
We have seven dedicated wheelchair spaces and our events are available via an augmented hearing assistance system.
We also have opera glasses available for hire for $5 at the Box Office – just ask when you come in.
We encourage our patrons to discuss their needs with us so we can ensure they enjoy the show.
People come to the Regent Theatre to have a great night out. So everyone has a good time, we ask all our patrons to be courteous to those around them.
- Please turn off all your electronic devices before you come into the auditorium.
- If you have taken snacks from our bar back to your seat, try not to rustle when the house lights go down.
- If you are late to a show, get comfortable in our bar area until we can turn the house lights back on so you can find your seat.
- Camera flashes occasionally make performers stumble – over their lines or their feet – so we prefer that you don’t use flash (or any other) photography.
- Please keep your feet on the floor – someone counting the beat on the back of your seat can be distracting.
- Dancing in the aisles sounds like fun but it might make our Circle collapse. If you really need to dance (and it’s the right sort of show), please book seats in the Stalls or make your way out to the foyer.
- We encourage you to introduce your children to the arts, but please also teach them to watch and listen quietly and peacefully.