Buy Now 8.00pm, 3 August
Adults from $79.90
Fresh from their sold out world tour including Australia, France, London and Holland (to name a few) The Bootleg Beach Boys today announce a 20-venue tour of New Zealand this July and August.
A fully costumed show that takes you right from the very beginning of The Beach Boys and through their career will feature classic hits and cult favourites from California’s most famous band.
From surf themed anthems such as Surfin’ Safari & Surfer Girl to muscle car memorable’s like Shut Down & Fun Fun Fun, the band have gathered a truly impressive repertoire of West Coast, harmony-laden songs, that evoke the spirit and essence of the pursuit of the 1960s American dream.
The band tackle such classics as In My Room, God Only Knows, Good Vibrations and Help Me Rhonda in their hit heavy set, but also pay homage to the genius of Brian Wilson in the form of selections from the seminal Pet Sounds, and cult favourites from the legendary Smile album.
This blend of five vocals and infectious sun-soaked gems makes for a memorable night to celebrate some of the finest music committed to tape over four decades.
Check out this promo from their recent Olympia Theatre show in Dublin
Our bars have a selection of New Zealand wines and beers as well as juices, water, light snacks and ice creams. The bars will be closed five minutes before the show’s published start time.
We pride ourselves on being one of the most accessible venues in the city. We have flat access through our main doors and staff are more than happy to help with the doors if needed. Taxis can drop off and pick up patrons from outside these doors and we can order a taxi for you after the show.
There are accessible toilets on the lower level and a roomy lift provides access both to these facilities and to the Stalls seating. Seats in the Circle are accessed via several flights of stairs so we recommend patrons with mobility difficulties book seats in the Stalls.
We have seven dedicated wheelchair spaces and our events are available via an augmented hearing assistance system.
We also have opera glasses available for hire for $5 at the Box Office – just ask when you come in.
We encourage our patrons to discuss their needs with us so we can ensure they enjoy the show.
People come to the Regent Theatre to have a great night out. So everyone has a good time, we ask all our patrons to be courteous to those around them.
- Please turn off all your electronic devices before you come into the auditorium.
- If you have taken snacks from our bar back to your seat, try not to rustle when the house lights go down.
- If you are late to a show, get comfortable in our bar area until we can turn the house lights back on so you can find your seat.
- Camera flashes occasionally make performers stumble – over their lines or their feet – so we prefer that you don’t use flash (or any other) photography.
- Please keep your feet on the floor – someone counting the beat on the back of your seat can be distracting.
- Dancing in the aisles sounds like fun but it might make our Circle collapse. If you really need to dance (and it’s the right sort of show), please book seats in the Stalls or make your way out to the foyer.
- We encourage you to introduce your children to the arts, but please also teach them to watch and listen quietly and peacefully.