Buy Now 7.30pm, 29 May
Enjoy the best-loved songs from the world’s greatest West End and Broadway musicals in a glittering Concert.
Starring past principal performers from Les Miserables in the West End and on tour, the blockbusting two-hour show features hit songs from The Phantom of the Opera, Evita, Wicked, Miss Saigon, West Side Story, Chicago, Crazy For You, Mamma Mia, and many others, climaxing with a spectacular finale from, of course, Les Miserables.
The critically-acclaimed Beyond the Barricade has been delighting audiences throughout the UK and Europe for 16 years, from the Royal Albert Hall to the Cunard liners, and now returns to New Zealand by popular demand.
The former cast members of London’s longest-running musical, Les Miserables include Andy Reiss, who has played numerous male roles including Jean Valjean; David Fawcett, who played Valjean; Katie Leeming who played the role of Eponine; and Poppy Tierney who played Cosette. They are joined by an ensemble of talented musicians to create an authentic live experience, capturing all the passions and orchestrations of the original shows.
Our bars have a selection of New Zealand wines and beers as well as juices, water, light snacks and ice creams. The bars will be closed five minutes before the show’s published start time.
We pride ourselves on being one of the most accessible venues in the city. We have flat access through our main doors and staff are more than happy to help with the doors if needed. Taxis can drop off and pick up patrons from outside these doors and we can order a taxi for you after the show.
There are accessible toilets on the lower level and a roomy lift provides access both to these facilities and to the Stalls seating. Seats in the Circle are accessed via several flights of stairs so we recommend patrons with mobility difficulties book seats in the Stalls.
We have seven dedicated wheelchair spaces and our events are available via an augmented hearing assistance system.
We also have opera glasses available for hire for $5 at the Box Office – just ask when you come in.
We encourage our patrons to discuss their needs with us so we can ensure they enjoy the show.
People come to the Regent Theatre to have a great night out. So everyone has a good time, we ask all our patrons to be courteous to those around them.
- Please turn off all your electronic devices before you come into the auditorium.
- If you have taken snacks from our bar back to your seat, try not to rustle when the house lights go down.
- If you are late to a show, get comfortable in our bar area until we can turn the house lights back on so you can find your seat.
- Camera flashes occasionally make performers stumble – over their lines or their feet – so we prefer that you don’t use flash (or any other) photography.
- Please keep your feet on the floor – someone counting the beat on the back of your seat can be distracting.
- Dancing in the aisles sounds like fun but it might make our Circle collapse. If you really need to dance (and it’s the right sort of show), please book seats in the Stalls or make your way out to the foyer.
- We encourage you to introduce your children to the arts, but please also teach them to watch and listen quietly and peacefully.